Sunday, February 11, 2007

Word of the Day

UberGoober

1.N. Compound with two subsets:
(a) OO'-ber: Extreme; Supreme; Ultimate; Being in or attaining the greatest or highest degree; very intense.
(b GOO'-ber: (slang) Term of endearment for 'Friend'; A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.

Mark J. Peters is THE UberGoober.

2. UberGoober

Totally socially inept.

From the German uber - meaning over
& English slang goober meaning dickhead....

He passed wind in her general direction, laughing at her cries of "What an UberGoober."

3. One who engages in meaningless pursuits

My semiotics professor is the UberGoober.

You can see more interesting urban words by clicking here

I hope you will find this word useful, and endeavor to use it at work today. Any examples will cheerfully be accepted in the comments section of this blog!

With reference to George Bush, I am using the term ubergoober as in part 2. I don't know Mark J. Peters personally, but if he is an ubergoober in the sense of part 1, then I would like to know him. I had a semiotics professor once. Semiotics is a meaningless pursuit and is a sign of our post-nineties-western-angst need to uber-deconstruct everything. Of course, this definition is open to interpretation. God, I'm so uber it!


No comments: