Tuesday, May 13, 2008

France

That's where I've been for the past wee while. I've brought home some 1973 Burgundy wine and lots of champagne. A tres fab 'oliday that included Mamma et Pappa and the trois J's - Jamie, Jeannie et Jasper. I'll write more later - this is just to let you know that I am still alive and did not get sucked into the travelers' vortex that is Beauvais Airport, the worst airport in Europe.

In the meantime, please enjoy the Dolmio pasta sauce adverts that have been dubbed for Glasgwegian tastes.....



PS - Grannie is unfortunately in hospital so I sent her some flowers today along with a note:

Dear Grannie
I heard you cracked your vertebrae
Hope these flowers make your day
Love Alison

This was read over the phone at work, which included instructions such as:
"V.E.R.T.E.B.R.A.E."
"Alison with one L".
That's Grannie with an IE not a Y.
"G.R.A.N.N.I.E."
"No, that was one L not two." and
"No, the L is in Alison. A.L.I.S.O.N. Grannie doesn't have an L."
much to the amusement of my work colleagues.



No comments: